Imagine condensing hours, days and even years of complex research into a short presentation while being judged by an expert panel and lecture theatre full of your peers and strangers. An 80,000-word thesis would take 9 hours to read, they have 3 minutes.
Join us for an evening of smart entertainment suitable for the whole family and catch a glimpse of the amazing research projects that are being conducted by ANU PhD students.
On the night, twelve finalists will wow you and the judges for the #ANU3MT 2019 crown, $5,000 in prize money and a place in the 3MT Asia-Pacific grand final. We will ask you to cast your vote for the People’s Choice award, the audience favourite will take home a $500 cash prize.
The 3MT is an international competition for research students to showcase their research. Students share what their research is and why it is important in plain language for three minutes, with only a single PowerPoint slide.
The 2019 ANU 3MT Finalists
- Anushka Vidanage, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Merryn Fraser, College of Science
- Shamim Homayun, College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Rose Clifford, College of Health & Medicine
- Ian Chambers, College of Asia and the Pacific
- Sayla Siddiqui, College of Business and Economics
- Lithin Louis, College of Health & Medicine
- Nurina Merdikawati, College of Asia and the Pacific
- Vihanga Perera, College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Likim Ng, College of Law
- Ibidolapo Adekoya, College of Science